Message From the President
Click the image below to hear Jeff Thoren's message for this month. Jeff provides details on the outcomes of the Appreciative Inquiry session during the Annual Meeting, including the 3 top themes that will guide the Board as they finalize the 2018-2020 VetPartners Strategic Plan later this month.
Welcome New Members
Member & Association News
|The 2018 Annual Meeting is a Wrap!
The Program Committee would like to thank our members and guests for their active participation in the 2018 Annual Meeting, themed Co-Creating our Future Together. Those attending enjoyed 2 full days of learning, collaborating and networking. If you haven't done so already, please remember to provide your feedback by completing the Annual Meeting Survey.Special thanks to Lynn Davis for the great photos of the Annual Meeting. To see more, visit our Facebook Page.
The 2018-2019 VetPartners Board of Directors were installed at the Annual Meeting earlier this month. The newly appointed Board of Directors is as follows:
|VetPartners 2018-2019 Board of Directors
Jeff Thoren, President
Nancy Dewitz, Vice President
Bruce Truman, Immediate Past President
Camala Bailey, Treasurer
Gina Fortunato, Secretary
Debbie Boone, Director
Bill Schroeder, Director
Pamela Stevenson, Director
Our social media needs your engagement. What is engagement? It's "likes, shares, retweets" on VetPartners social media platforms. When each of you engage, you help VetPartners reach thousands more people. We have the data to prove it!
|Help us Expand our Social Media Reach!
Another way you can help us increase our standing on Facebook and reach more people is by giving us a "5 Star" rating. You can do this simply by visiting VetPartners Facebook page and clicking on "Review." Then choose the 5th star and all stars will light up for an Excellent Rating. You can then make a comment or simply click "done."
VetPartners has many great programs and initiatives in the works to help promote our association and our members and advance the industry as a whole. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join a Committee or SIG and use their knowledge and experience to help us reach our goals. What's in it for you? A chance to develop leadership skills, connect and network with colleagues, and give back to the association.
Please review the list of various committees and SIGs at http://vetpartners.org/Committees and if interested, feel free to reach out to the Chair of that group, or contact Elizabeth McArthur at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Motions Approved This Month
|VetPartners Board, Committees & SIGs Updates
- The Veterinary Practice Management Essentials booklet will be mailed to the officers of the VBMAs and the Practice Management groups listed on the VHMA website.
- A library of articles by VetPartners members will be created on the website to supplement the VPME. (Stay tuned for more details!)
The Board of Directors has commissioned the Membership Committee to enhance the membership renewal process. To that end, for your 2018 renewal, all members will have to reaffirm the VetPartners code of ethics statement and re-select their membership category based on the definitions of the different types of memberships. Category definitions and explanations/examples are available for review HERE. If you haven't done so yet, please review and complete the on-line form now: Membership Classification Form
Should you have any questions about which membership category you best fit, please contact Elizabeth at email@example.com.
Social Media Sub-Committee
Have you joined our private Facebook Group page yet? This is a great place to ask questions, collaborate, and share ideas with other members. We hope you'll join us!
The Webinar Committee is looking for members who might be interested in presenting a member-to-member webinars in 2018. The webinars are intended to be short, informal educational presentations on topics that would be of interest to our members. They are 30 minutes in length - 20 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes for Q&A. If you are interested, please contact Jeanne Pelletier, firstname.lastname@example.org, our webinar chair.
- Members Bill Kearley, Elise Lacher, Greg O'Brien, Jeff Thoren, Mary Beth Koester, Robert Trimble and Trey Cutler will be co-facilitating "Reinventing Your Veterinary Practice for a World of Rapid Change: Next-Step Organizational Design and Leadership for the Veterinary Profession," at WVC on Wednesday, March 7 from 2:00 to 6:00pm. The workshop will challenge participants' existing assumptions and paradigms about management/leadership and help them reinvent better ways for their practice team to work together.
- Stacy Pursell will be doing a webinar for the AVMA on Tuesday, March 27th from 12:00 to 1:00pm CST. She will discuss the advantages of teaming up with a professional recruiter and how to best work with one throughout your career. Registration is available here.
- Erika Hultquist, CVPM, has launched "New Vet Boss." This is a consulting group designed for new veterinary practice managers. New Vet Boss provides coaching and training for the new manager. Visit them online at www.newvetboss.com or follow on Facebook for more information. With over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine, Erika hopes to help develop the next generation of veterinary practice manager.
- Jeff Thoren, DVM, PCC, BCC, will be guest host for "Mind Full or Mindful? Maintaining a Peaceful Presence in a Hectic World" presented by The Bridge Club on Monday, February 19, 2018 from 6:00 to 6:30pm (CST). Click here for more information and to register.
- Wendy Hauser, DVM, will be presenting "The Art of Communication: How to Succeed When Things are Left Unsaid" at the Texas Veterinary Medical Association March 4, 2018
- Debbie Boone, CVPM, will be presenting to the NC State VBMA in March on "Professionalism in a Fishbowl." She is also pleased to announce that she will have a column, "Culture Coach", that will run every other month in Vet Team Brief.
- Andrea Crabtree, CVPM, PHR, PHRca, is hosting a CE Training Symposium for veterinary hospital managers, technicians and client service representatives on Sunday, April 8, 2018 at Stanbridge University in Irvine, CA. Click here for more information and to register.
- Robin Brogdon is honored to announce that BluePrints Veterinary Marketing Group won a Silver Award at the 2018 Vetty Awards for a surgeon recruitment poster they developed for Burlington Emergency & Veterinary Specialists. The winners were announced during the VMX 2018 Meeting & Expo.
- Craig Spinks, with Veteos, won five Vetty Awards and a "Judges Award" during the VMX 2018 Vetty Awards. Two of the awards were for projects Veteos produced alongside fellow VetPartners members Eric Garcia and Brenda Tassava. All of the award winning videos can be watched at veteos.com/awards.
- Douglas Aspros invites any practice owners (or those seeking to become practice owners) to join Veterinary Practice Partners for one of their Practice Ownership Workshops that are RACE approved for 7 CE credits and endorsed by AAHA. Click to learn more and register for the meeting in Tampa, FL on March 13th or in Fort Lauderdale on March 15th.
- Carly Tobler announces the dates for the annual Simmons Seaside Seminar, September 20 - 22, 2018 on Jekyll Island, GA. Award-wnning and nationally recognized speakers will introduce owners and managers to fresh concepts on practice valuation models, leading and managing teams, enhancing revenues and improving social media strategy.
Today's Veterinary Business, published by NAVC is dedicated to helping Veterinary Practices elevate their financial performance. Content is strictly business-focused delivering valuable information from today's industry experts on practice management, leadership, revenue, communication, merchandising, legal and regulatory issues, client and staff acquisition and retention, etc...
|Exclusive Member Opportunity with Today's Veterinary Business
VetPartners has secured an exclusive opportunity for members to feature their business to Today's Veterinary Business print, digital and social media audience for the next 12 months at a fraction of the price. Check out the details here. To learn more and secure your placement by February 19th, please contact Allyson Archambault at email@example.com or 407-748-9810. The first 10 to participate will receive a BONUS social med
ia promotion with Today's Veterinary Practice!
The Veterinary Hospital Managers Association's (VHMA) Job Framework & Job Description Tool for Veterinary Managers presents the typical job framework for a veterinary practice management professional - in other words, the background for and qualifications of the job - and provides a job description that you can edit, personalize to your practice, print, and sign. The appendix outlines how a veterinary practice management professional can become a Certified Veterinary Practice Manager (CVPM).
|VHMA Announces new Job Framework & Job Description Tool
The VHMA's commitment to the field of practice management has led it to develop general descriptions of the various levels of management within a veterinary hospital. These are very general descriptions and are proposed only as guidelines to assist in identifying the level of knowledge eneded by veterinary practices or desired by those pursuing this career.
It is extremely difficult to differentiate the three levels of practice management because each level builds upon the knowledge and skills of the other levels. Therefore, this document presents the three levels simultaneously;
1. Veterinary Hospital Office ManagerA How to Use the Document Guide is also provided. Visit the VHMA website for this free tool.
2. Veterinary Practice Manager
3. Veterinary Hospital Administrator
|SHARE YOUR NEWS WITH FELLOW MEMBERS!
The VetPartners e-Bulletin is published monthly on or around the 15th of the month. We are always looking for news and information to share. If you have any, please send to our Association Administrator, Elizabeth McArthur, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can review our e-Bulletin Submission Policy HERE.
Upcoming VetPartners Events
SAVE THE DATES
2018 MID-YEAR MEETING
July 11 - 13, 2018
Special Thanks to our Sponsors